Lucky escape for lorry driver
A LORRY driver had a miraculous escape today when his vehicle was crushed after it collided with a van and rolled down an embankment.The HGV and Ford Transit van collided at around 5am near a lay-by on the Stowmarket-bound A14 at Barham, close to the Claydon turn-off.
A LORRY driver had a miraculous escape today when his vehicle was crushed after it collided with a van and rolled down an embankment.
The HGV and Ford Transit van collided at around 5am near a lay-by on the Stowmarket-bound A14 at Barham, close to the Claydon turn-off. The lorry eventually came to a halt upside down at the bottom of a 25ft embankment.
The vehicle is thought to have been transporting plastic containers. Its driver escaped with just cuts and bruises and was treated by an ambulance crew at the scene. The van driver was also uninjured.
Work to remove the vehicles was due to be delayed until after 9am to prevent rush hour delays, but one lane of the A14 at Claydon was scheduled to be closed while the lorry was pulled from the ditch.
Recovery was expected to take several hours and work to cordon off the layby began early on, so preparation to move the wreckage could begin.
- 1 Person dies in Ipswich house fire
- 2 Karaoke noise complaints prompts fear Grade II pub could close
- 3 Family's gratitude after Christmas samaritan's £50 act of kindness
- 4 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 5 Police 'concerned' for missing 15-year-old who was last seen a week ago
- 6 Speed limit on Orwell Bridge reduced as Storm Barra hits region
- 7 Matchday Recap: McGreal's Town beaten at The Valley
- 8 Beautiful new bottomless brunches launch at Ipswich bar
- 9 When will my bins be collected this Christmas?
- 10 Former camera shop Jessops cited for three flats in Ipswich