‘Lucky escape’ for van driver after fire in Brantham
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters tackled a “scary” van fire in Brantham this morning.
One fire engine was called to the blaze in Cattawade Street at 6.45am. The fire was put out within 15 minutes and there were no injuries.
Witness Louise Mills, of Cattawade Street, said the van driver had a “lucky escape”.
She said: “I was woken up at 6.45am to loud bangs and shouts from near my home.
“I went to investigate and found that a van was heavily on fire with several residents in attendance.
You may also want to watch:
“The fire crew came very quickly and got to work putting it out. Luckily the young man driving the van had a lucky escape.
“Firefighters took 15 minutes to get it under control before they could investigate further.”
- 1 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 2 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 3 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 4 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 5 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 6 70-year-old woman arrested in connection with human trafficking offences
- 7 Life sentence for Hartshorne-Jones who shot wife dead at home
- 8 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 9 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate
- 10 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store