‘Lucky escape’ for van driver after fire in Brantham
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters tackled a “scary” van fire in Brantham this morning.
One fire engine was called to the blaze in Cattawade Street at 6.45am. The fire was put out within 15 minutes and there were no injuries.
Witness Louise Mills, of Cattawade Street, said the van driver had a “lucky escape”.
She said: “I was woken up at 6.45am to loud bangs and shouts from near my home.
“I went to investigate and found that a van was heavily on fire with several residents in attendance.
You may also want to watch:
“The fire crew came very quickly and got to work putting it out. Luckily the young man driving the van had a lucky escape.
“Firefighters took 15 minutes to get it under control before they could investigate further.”
- 1 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 2 The Walk in Ipswich town centre cordoned off by police
- 3 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 4 'I'm very lucky' – Ipswich biker-chef lost arm and hand in A14 crash
- 5 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 6 'Devious' Ipswich doctor jailed for sending fake texts to flatmate
- 7 Ipswich Town fan banned from Portman Road for racially abusing player
- 8 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 9 Trucker ran eBay scam selling straps used for securing heavy loads
- 10 250 Ipswich patients fined after failing to pay for their prescriptions