Lucky family show off their talent
THIS family is more lucky than most after winning four weekend breaks through talent competitions.Suzanne Peake and her three daughters, from Dale Hall Road, Ipswich, returned from their holiday at Pontins, Camber Sands, East Sussex, in high spirits after winning the heats of several talent competitions.
THIS family is more lucky than most after winning four weekend breaks through talent competitions.
Suzanne Peake and her three daughters, from Dale Hall Road, Ipswich, returned from their holiday at Pontins, Camber Sands, East Sussex, in high spirits after winning the heats of several talent competitions.
Katie, ten, and Lucy, eight, both won their heats in contests including the Junior Blue Coat, which involves dancing and answering questions, freestyle dance, and junior Star Quest.
Their sister, Emma, 12, won the Star Quest competition for her age category and was made the Junior Karaoke champion.
Mrs Peake also had a go and won the Adult Karaoke heats and was a runner-up for the Adult Star Quest contest.
The prizes for their wins were weekends away in Pontins in Brean Sands, Somerset, and Prestatyn, North Wales, for a chance to compete in the finals in December.
- 1 A14 near Ipswich remains partially closed after fire breaks out
- 2 'Tons' of water leaking from burst water main as people urged to avoid road
- 3 Mum-of-four organises uniform pop-up market
- 4 Weather warning as thunderstorms expected to hit Suffolk after heatwave
- 5 From Ipswich to LA: 20-year-old Suffolk singer's meteoric rise
- 6 Man wanted in connection with Ipswich assault arrested
- 7 Matchday Recap: How Town's 3-0 win against MK unfolded
- 8 35 more of Suffolk’s oldest surnames – is yours on the list?
- 9 Police cordon in place outside former Grimwades store in Ipswich
- 10 Fire breaks out in field near Westbourne Park in Ipswich
Mrs Peake, 41, said: “We went to Pontins last year and won quite a lot but couldn't make it to any of the finals.
“We are all into singing and dancing anyway so we spend our lives practising. I practise my singing at the kitchen sink whereas all the girls go to theatre training every Saturday. They have their party pieces planned so they knew what they were going to do.
“My husband Adrian encourages all but he does not take part. We have to have one member of the family who is not involved.
“We love Pontins so we are looking forward to lots more weekends away there.”
Do you have a talented family? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.