Mabel the owl is back – according to the Friends of Christchurch Park
- Credit: Su Anderson
Beloved tawny owl Mabel has returned to Christchurch Park following fears she may have disappeared for good.
She has delighted visitors for almost a decade but had not been spotted for some time prompting experts to warn she may no longer be with us.
However, a tweet posted by the Friends of Christchurch Park this evening appears to suggest otherwise.
Their confirmation follows sightings of the owl reported earlier this week.
Readers contacted this newspaper after spotting an owl in the park they believed was Mabel but Ipswich Borough Council bosses dismissed claims it was her.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman said yesterday: “We have not seen Mabel for some time now, we are keeping an eye out and really hopes she returns.”
Expert Reg Snook, who has written a book about Mabel, also expressed fears that the much-loved tawny owl may be gone for good.
Have you seen Mabel in the park recently? Share your photos with us.
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 3 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 4 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 5 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 6 Trial set for man who robbed mum of her handbag
- 7 Holly holding onto new hope in eating disorder recovery process
- 8 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 9 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 10 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood