Maison Bleue is awarded TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice Award for third year running
- Credit: Gregg Brown
A Bury St Edmunds restaurant has been named sixth best in the UK by customers on the TripAdvisor reviews website.
Maison Bleue in Churchgate Street is celebrating its third Travellers’ Choice Award in a row, with its ranking of sixth this year placing it above the likes of Le Gavroche, London.
The French modern restaurant, which is owned and run by husband and wife team Pascal and Karine Canevet, is the only Suffolk restaurant, and only one of two East Anglian eateries, to be recognised in the 2015 awards.
The ratings were based on customer reviews of food, value for money, service and atmosphere.
Chef, Mr Canevet, said: “We are delighted to win such a prestigious award for the third year, which places Maison Bleue in the UK’s top Travellers’ Favourite Fine Dining Restaurants.
“We are very proud of our exceptional team, and as independent owners it’s an enormous inspiration to receive such a renowned award. We are overwhelmed by our customer’s fantastic reviews and support for which we are truly thankful.”
Mrs Canevet said their restaurant had risen in the rankings since it received the first Travellers’ Choice Award three years ago – from ninth to eighth and now sixth.
- 1 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 2 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 3 ‘I’ve got no life’ - Ipswich woman's agony as she waits for operation
- 4 Drug dealer found with cannabis, 133 tablets and cash jailed
- 5 Star Suffolk breakfast blogger reveals her favourite food around Ipswich
- 6 Ladies night event in Kesgrave with strippers sold-out in five days
- 7 Lorry overturned on roundabout closes A14 near Felixstowe
- 8 Open day for Ipswich pub on sale for £300,000
- 9 Did you know these 10 pubs were open in Ipswich?
- 10 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products