Major fire on Suffolk farm
FIREFIGHTING teams from across the county have brought a huge fire on a Suffolk farm under control.At one stage, seventy firefighters were tackling the blaze, which broke out earlier this afternoon.
FIREFIGHTING teams from across the county have brought a huge fire on a Suffolk farm under control.
At one stage, seventy firefighters were tackling the blaze, which broke out earlier this afternoon.
The fire consumed a large barn containing diesel tanks near a farmhouse at Linstead Magna, near Halesworth.
Twelve fire crews, including teams from Ipswich, Framlingham, Saxmundham, Eye, Bungay and Diss in Norfolk, had battled for more than an hour to control the fire.
You may also want to watch:
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service said the barn contained two tractors and straw bales as well as the diesel tanks.
Firefighters moved chemicals and gas cylinders away from the barn to prevent an explosion.
- 1 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 2 Drink driver found slumped at wheel after partying until 7am
- 3 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 4 Ipswich Flooring Superstore opening brings jobs and investment
- 5 Man arrested following Ipswich sexual assault
- 6 £1,600 worth of power tools stolen while owner was shopping
- 7 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 8 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 9 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 10 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
Initially six crews were sent to tackle the flames but they needed the help of a further two before a further four were then brought in to help out.
The fire was brought under control by 2.40pm.