Major fire on Suffolk farm
FIREFIGHTING teams from across the county have brought a huge fire on a Suffolk farm under control.At one stage, seventy firefighters were tackling the blaze, which broke out earlier this afternoon.
FIREFIGHTING teams from across the county have brought a huge fire on a Suffolk farm under control.
At one stage, seventy firefighters were tackling the blaze, which broke out earlier this afternoon.
The fire consumed a large barn containing diesel tanks near a farmhouse at Linstead Magna, near Halesworth.
Twelve fire crews, including teams from Ipswich, Framlingham, Saxmundham, Eye, Bungay and Diss in Norfolk, had battled for more than an hour to control the fire.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service said the barn contained two tractors and straw bales as well as the diesel tanks.
Firefighters moved chemicals and gas cylinders away from the barn to prevent an explosion.
- 1 Pub with 'gorgeous views' named one of UK's best waterside drinking spots
- 2 Ipswich man and Cadillac films with The Only Way Is Essex
- 3 Ipswich man who abandoned Land Rover on train tracks convicted
- 4 'Tit for tat' attacks driven by gang members vying for position, police say
- 5 Application submitted for new store in Ipswich
- 6 'My darling boy' - Mum's tribute to six-month-old baby who died after crash
- 7 Thunderstorms warning upgraded in Suffolk ahead of rain
- 8 Seven arrested after two incidents involving knives in Ipswich
- 9 Matchday Recap: How Town's 1-0 win at Burton unfolded
- 10 60 year old family business enters third generation
Initially six crews were sent to tackle the flames but they needed the help of a further two before a further four were then brought in to help out.
The fire was brought under control by 2.40pm.