Major success for the top troupe
FELIXSTOWE'S Technotronics majorettes have marched back to Suffolk from the national finals with a fine collection of silverware.The troupe – the resort's longest-running with 24 years under its belt – sent 17 of its 26 girls to the six-day UK Federation of Majorettes' championships at Camber Sands.
FELIXSTOWE'S Technotronics majorettes have marched back to Suffolk from the national finals with a fine collection of silverware.
The troupe – the resort's longest-running with 24 years under its belt – sent 17 of its 26 girls to the six-day UK Federation of Majorettes' championships at Camber Sands.
The Technotronics brought home the best sporting trophy in recognition of the great fun all the girls have being a part of a majorettes troupe.
Seventeen-year-old Susanna Hampshire, who travels from Hadleigh to Felixstowe to be part of the troupe, won the Courage Award, while Sam Battle, 15, won the Colour Guard trophy for her solo performances.
You may also want to watch:
The troupe also won a number of other trophies and is now looking forward to a busy summer being put through its paces and entertaining at summer fetes and carnivals around the area.
Troupe director Maggie Pritchard said: "It was a wonderful few days at Camber Sands, everyone had lots of fun and to come back with some trophies was just brilliant – I am so proud of them all.
- 1 Audi left wrecked after late-night crash in Ipswich
- 2 Did you hear the loud 'bang' coming from Ipswich park?
- 3 Work to start on 150 new Ipswich council homes next year
- 4 Matchday Recap: Plenty of positives despite Palace defeat
- 5 Family concerned after 15-year-old girl reported missing from Ipswich
- 6 Woman 'alarmed and distressed' after verbal abuse in Ipswich
- 7 Jailed in Suffolk: Burglar, dangerous driver and drug dealer put behind bars
- 8 New homes and dormitory block planned for Ipswich school site
- 9 See inside 5 of the most expensive dream homes in Ipswich
- 10 Man, 20, to face trial over £1,500 drug haul
"I just love seeing them do well and our troupe has seen hundreds of girls come through its ranks over the past 24 years and many of them, now grown up, still support us."
Girls aged six to 17 are always needed for the group and anyone interested in finding out more can contact Mrs Pritchard on 01394 273058. They train twice a week at St Philip's Hall, Wadgate Road, Felixstowe – Mondays and Thursdays from 6.30pm to 8.30pm.
The Felixstowe Majorettes Festival this year takes place at Langer Park on July 27.