Major success for the top troupe
FELIXSTOWE'S Technotronics majorettes have marched back to Suffolk from the national finals with a fine collection of silverware.The troupe – the resort's longest-running with 24 years under its belt – sent 17 of its 26 girls to the six-day UK Federation of Majorettes' championships at Camber Sands.
FELIXSTOWE'S Technotronics majorettes have marched back to Suffolk from the national finals with a fine collection of silverware.
The troupe – the resort's longest-running with 24 years under its belt – sent 17 of its 26 girls to the six-day UK Federation of Majorettes' championships at Camber Sands.
The Technotronics brought home the best sporting trophy in recognition of the great fun all the girls have being a part of a majorettes troupe.
Seventeen-year-old Susanna Hampshire, who travels from Hadleigh to Felixstowe to be part of the troupe, won the Courage Award, while Sam Battle, 15, won the Colour Guard trophy for her solo performances.
The troupe also won a number of other trophies and is now looking forward to a busy summer being put through its paces and entertaining at summer fetes and carnivals around the area.
Troupe director Maggie Pritchard said: "It was a wonderful few days at Camber Sands, everyone had lots of fun and to come back with some trophies was just brilliant – I am so proud of them all.
- 1 Cycle wands being removed from Ipswich roads
- 2 Things you should know before visiting Spoon World Buffet and Bar
- 3 Gang jailed for 'horrific' torture attack on man in Ipswich home
- 4 Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich Town
- 5 Former BBC DJ to go live with new station
- 6 'Dedicated and devoted' - tributes paid to retired teacher Annick Smith
- 7 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 8 Matchday Recap: A replay awaits as Town fail to beat Barrow
- 9 Delays likely on major Ipswich road as 12 days of roadworks planned
- 10 Suffolk headteacher criticises school rankings
"I just love seeing them do well and our troupe has seen hundreds of girls come through its ranks over the past 24 years and many of them, now grown up, still support us."
Girls aged six to 17 are always needed for the group and anyone interested in finding out more can contact Mrs Pritchard on 01394 273058. They train twice a week at St Philip's Hall, Wadgate Road, Felixstowe – Mondays and Thursdays from 6.30pm to 8.30pm.
The Felixstowe Majorettes Festival this year takes place at Langer Park on July 27.