Man, 70, died from choking at home in Brantham, inquest concludes
PUBLISHED: 10:55 07 August 2017 | UPDATED: 10:55 07 August 2017
The inquest into a man who died at his home in Brantham has concluded he died as a result of choking.
Retired forklift truck driver Philip Milsom, 70, was found on his back in the living room at his home in Rowley Close, Brantham, on June 15 by his wife.
Neighbours helped carry out CPR before paramedics from the East of England Ambulance Service arrived, but he was declared dead at the scene.
A postmortem examination carried out at Ipswich Hospital found chewed food in his airway, and said that the cause of death in their opinion was from an obstructed airway.
A witness statement from his wife added that she noticed crumbs on his chin when she found him.
During the inquest at Beacon House in Ipswich, assistant coroner Nigel Parlsey recorded the death as a result of an airway obstruction and added: “I conclude he died as a result of accidental death.”