Man accused of driving BMW while drunk at Martlesham Tesco car park fails to appear in court
- Credit: Sarah Lucy brown
An arrest warrant has been issued for a Scottish driver who failed to appear before magistrates in Ipswich today.
Thomas Heron, 57 and formerly of Rosemount Terrace, New Galloway, was meant to appear at South East Suffolk Magistrates’ Court this morning to face a charge of drink driving.
It is alleged that Heron drove a BMW while drunk in the car park of Tesco in Anson Road, Martlesham Heath, on Boxing Day.
But when he failed to attend court to answer the charge this morning, magistrates in Ipswich issued a warrant for his arrest without bail.
Heron allegedly consumed so much alcohol that he was three times the drink drive limit with 287mgs of alcohol in 100ml of blood.
You may also want to watch:
Requesting a bench warrant to be issued, prosecutor Ian Devine said: “He is not in court and I would therefore ask for an arrest warrant to be issued.”
The application was granted.
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 3 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 4 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 5 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 6 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 7 First look inside Ipswich's new Geek Retreat games cafe
- 8 Man caused £26k worth of damage after setting fire to van and car
- 9 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 10 'It's like we're in the stone age' - Homophobic abuse halts LGBT+ parties