Man admits sexual acts in front of child
A 24-year-old Suffolk man has been jailed for two years for sexually abusing a toddler.Lance Meikle of Park Avenue, Saxmundham, admitted performing sexual acts in front of the two-year-old.
A 24-year-old Suffolk man has been jailed for two years for sexually abusing a toddler.
Lance Meikle of Park Avenue, Saxmundham, admitted performing sexual acts in front of the two-year-old.
He confessed that he touched the boy indecently and encouraged him to touch his (Meikle's) private parts.
Meikle pleaded guilty to indecent assault and gross indecency. He denied a third charge of annul rape.
The Crown Prosecution Service offered no evidence in respect of this offence, but Ipswich Crown Court ordered that the charge remain on file.
Hugh Vass, prosecuting said that Meikle had recently served a year's prison sentence for indecent assault on a seven-year-old boy.
- 1 Police seek driver who failed to stop at scene of crash
- 2 Dedicated daughter steps up after tragic death of 'amazing' mum Heidi
- 3 Ipswich primary school closed for 'maintenance investigations'
- 4 Ipswich man jailed for three years for attempted robbery
- 5 9 Ipswich restaurants we wish had never closed
- 6 10 pictures of Ipswich pub's light switch-on
- 7 Ipswich Travelodge developer celebrates £7.4m bank backing
- 8 New gift card to encourage shoppers to use Ipswich town centre
- 9 New Ipswich council houses and microhomes win awards
- 10 'My son has never seen a health visitor' - Pandemic parents battle
It was while he was in custody that he confessed to abusing the toddler, the court heard.
The toddler's mother had also become suspicious when her child starting showing sexual behaviour and by some of the things he said.
Judge John Devaux heard that Meikle had learning difficulties and had been "protected and sheltered" by his parents all his life.
The court heard that Meikle had never had a sexual relationship with the opposite sex and had been working as his mother's carer since becoming an adult.
Judge Devaux was also told that Meikle was "the subject of constant abuse and has been locked up 23 hours a day" since being on remand in Norwich prison.
Judge Devaux ordered Meikle to sign the sex offenders register and sentenced him to a total of two years in prison.