Man admits sexual acts in front of child
A 24-year-old Suffolk man has been jailed for two years for sexually abusing a toddler.Lance Meikle of Park Avenue, Saxmundham, admitted performing sexual acts in front of the two-year-old.
A 24-year-old Suffolk man has been jailed for two years for sexually abusing a toddler.
Lance Meikle of Park Avenue, Saxmundham, admitted performing sexual acts in front of the two-year-old.
He confessed that he touched the boy indecently and encouraged him to touch his (Meikle's) private parts.
Meikle pleaded guilty to indecent assault and gross indecency. He denied a third charge of annul rape.
You may also want to watch:
The Crown Prosecution Service offered no evidence in respect of this offence, but Ipswich Crown Court ordered that the charge remain on file.
Hugh Vass, prosecuting said that Meikle had recently served a year's prison sentence for indecent assault on a seven-year-old boy.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 2 Woman in 80s remains in hospital after serious collision in Ipswich
- 3 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 4 9 bargain attractions within an hour of Ipswich
- 5 Ipswich father caught with indecent images of children avoids jail
- 6 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 7 Rushmere man admits downloading indecent images of children
- 8 Bicycle stolen from parked car in Ipswich
- 9 Pub bosses hope for 'return to normality' as Covid cases fall in Ipswich
- 10 Hail, thunder and gusty winds forecast for Suffolk
It was while he was in custody that he confessed to abusing the toddler, the court heard.
The toddler's mother had also become suspicious when her child starting showing sexual behaviour and by some of the things he said.
Judge John Devaux heard that Meikle had learning difficulties and had been "protected and sheltered" by his parents all his life.
The court heard that Meikle had never had a sexual relationship with the opposite sex and had been working as his mother's carer since becoming an adult.
Judge Devaux was also told that Meikle was "the subject of constant abuse and has been locked up 23 hours a day" since being on remand in Norwich prison.
Judge Devaux ordered Meikle to sign the sex offenders register and sentenced him to a total of two years in prison.