Lorry crash on A14 in Felixstowe leaves man with head injury
- Credit: Matthew Usher
A man has been taken to hospital following a collision involving two lorries on the A14 in Felixstowe earlier today.
The collision took place in a lay-by on the A14 northbound near Runnacles Way at around 12.15pm this afternoon.
One of the lorries involved in the collision was “significantly damaged”, a Suffolk Constabulary spokesman said.
Emergency services were called and a man was taken to Ipswich Hospital with a serious brain injury, the force spokesman said.
The East of England Ambulance Service Trust has been contacted for comment but have yet to provide further details of the incident. It is not yet clear how serious the injury is.
You may also want to watch:
The force spokesman said the A14 was not closed at any point and no action has been taken over anyone involved in the collision.
- 1 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store
- 2 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 3 Royal Mail confirms removal of Ipswich postbox
- 4 Suffolk man waits 12 hours for ambulance after suffering stroke
- 5 Ipswich reports England's highest rise in Covid infection rate
- 6 Felixstowe woman accused of setting fire to caravan and drink driving
- 7 Arrest warrants issued for men facing sheep charges
- 8 Budding musician caught with drugs in buttocks is spared prison
- 9 Anger as 'three to four large skips' of fly-tipped rubbish blocks road
- 10 MoD warns about late-night Apache training