Man and woman killed by train
TWO people have been killed after being struck by a train in Essex today.The man and woman were pronounced dead at the scene following the incident at Harlow Mill, Essex, at about 8am.
TWO people have been killed after being struck by a train in Essex today.
The man and woman were pronounced dead at the scene following the incident at Harlow Mill, Essex, at about 8am.
A British Transport Police spokesman said: “Just before 8am the train driver reported striking at least one person on the line at Harlow Mill station. The train was approaching the station, where it was not due to stop, at around 80mph.
"The driver saw a man and a woman on the track, blew his horn and applied the emergency brakes but was unable to avoid striking them. Both people died at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
"A police investigation is under way. The incident is being treated as unexplained.'
- 1 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 2 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 3 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 4 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 5 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 6 Watchdog upholds mother's complaint about handling of son's special education needs
- 7 60-acre logistic park off A14 approved
- 8 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar
- 9 Man admits exposing himself to women in park near Felixstowe
- 10 'Horror movie script' - Waterfront lounge bar plans rejected again