Man arrested after alleged arson attack
A 38-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of arson today.Police attended after a fire broke out at an address in Hatfield Road, Ipswich at about 8.
A 38-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of arson today.
Police attended after a fire broke out at an address in Hatfield Road, Ipswich at about 8.20am.
Flames were spotted in a first floor bedroom, and two firefighting crews from Prince's Street attended. The blaze was extinguished by 8.39am.
Scenes of crime officers later examined the room.
The property is believed to be a privately-run home. A woman there today refused to comment.
- 1 Apology for Ipswich pub landlords after 'insensitive LGBT+ comments'
- 2 ‘I thought I was going to die’ - Woman feels let down after spiking
- 3 'My life is hard enough' - Suffolk disabled dad struggles to repair home
- 4 Gucci items hidden in Asda stores across the country
- 5 More than 200 homes in Ipswich without electricity after power cut
- 6 'A lovely green space' - race against time to buy mini-Ipswich woodland
- 7 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 8 Man acted as lookout while accomplice robbed Ipswich store
- 9 Matchday Recap: Town out of Trophy after shootout loss
- 10 Weather warning issued as Suffolk could see snow fall tomorrow