Man arrested after alleged arson attack
A 38-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of arson today.Police attended after a fire broke out at an address in Hatfield Road, Ipswich at about 8.
A 38-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of arson today.
Police attended after a fire broke out at an address in Hatfield Road, Ipswich at about 8.20am.
Flames were spotted in a first floor bedroom, and two firefighting crews from Prince's Street attended. The blaze was extinguished by 8.39am.
Scenes of crime officers later examined the room.
You may also want to watch:
The property is believed to be a privately-run home. A woman there today refused to comment.
- 1 Ipswich bar forced to close early after staff attacked
- 2 New restaurant set to open at former Little Waitrose store this year
- 3 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 4 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 5 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 6 Man jailed for attacking teenage girl with saucepan and meat cleaver in Ipswich
- 7 Celebrations as Starbucks opens its new Ipswich drive-thru
- 8 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 9 Woman injured after being struck by van near Morrisons in Ipswich
- 10 Man released on bail after central Ipswich stabbing