Man arrested after axe was brandished at bailiffs in Sycamore Close, Pinewood
A 29-year-old man has been arrested after an axe was brandished at bailiffs who were attempting to execute a warrant in Pinewood.
Armed officers and the police helicopter were called to Sycamore Close at 3.30pm on August 21.
Three bailiffs reported being threatened by a group of men, one of whom was described as brandishing an axe.
On police arrival the men had left the street and a search was conducted but the group was not located.
However, an axe was found in the nearby area and seized, police said.
Last night officers investigating the incident arrested a man from the Ipswich area on suspicion of violent disorder and theft of a motor vehicle.
He was taken to Martlesham Police Investigation Centre for questioning and was released on bail until October 22 pending further enquiries.
- 1 Five-bedroom home with 'beautiful countryside views' on market for £800K
- 2 Hank's Deli closes its doors but remembers food bank
- 3 Teenager 'kicked and punched' by man during Ipswich assault
- 4 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist knocked unconscious in crash
- 5 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 6 Tragic loss of 'kind and gentle' Aayush at 17 devastated family
- 7 Cyclist left with 'potentially life-changing injuries' after Ipswich crash
- 8 Plasterer who stalked ex-girlfriend is handed restraining order
- 9 'I slept at the store' - Teen queues for 14 hours as Tim Hortons opens
- 10 Appeal to find 33-year-old missing man