Man arrested after gunpoint raid on Ipswich home
A 34-year-old man from south London has been arrested in connection with a robbery of a Chantry home at gunpoint last month.
Police were called to reports of an incident in Manchester Road at 8.30pm on Monday, February 1, where three men forced their way into a house and demanded money from the occupants.
The trio made the demands while threatening the occupants with a handgun.
The men left the house taking a quantity of money with them and made off in a car towards Tesco – and were chased by the victim in his car.
The two vehicles were subsequently involved in a collision on Hawthorn Drive, where the victim reported that the gun was fired before the offenders drove off.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Suffolk Constabulary said the male was arrested on suspicion of robbery in the capital yesterday evening and subsequently brought to Martlesham Police Investigation Centre, where he is being questioned by detectives.
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 3 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 4 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 5 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 6 First look inside Ipswich's new Geek Retreat games cafe
- 7 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 8 'It's like we're in the stone age' - Homophobic abuse halts LGBT+ parties
- 9 Man caused £26k worth of damage after setting fire to van and car
- 10 Major Ipswich road partially blocked after crash involving Audi and Mercedes