Man arrested after two hurt in attack
A MAN was being questioned by police today after two people were the said to be the victims of a serious assault in Stowmarket.Officers were called to a property in Creeting Road at 3am today.
A MAN was being questioned by police today after two people were the said to be the victims of a serious assault in Stowmarket.
Officers were called to a property in Creeting Road at 3am today.
When they arrived they found the two men, one of whom is 29-years-old, had been injured during an altercation at the premises.
Although the injuries they sustained were initially thought to be serious, a spokesman for Suffolk police later said they were not believed to be life threatening.
It is thought some sort of weapon was used during the incident, possibly a piece of wood.
A third man was taken into custody following the alleged attack.
- 1 Cycle wands being removed from Ipswich roads
- 2 Things you should know before visiting Spoon World Buffet and Bar
- 3 Gang jailed for 'horrific' torture attack on man in Ipswich home
- 4 'Dedicated and devoted' - tributes paid to retired teacher Annick Smith
- 5 Ipswich School named among the best in the region
- 6 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 7 Matchday Recap: A replay awaits as Town fail to beat Barrow
- 8 Suffolk headteacher criticises school rankings
- 9 Four charged over alleged samurai sword attack
- 10 Rudolph starts his run - when is he coming to your Ipswich street?
Police said he is a 22-year-old from the Stowmarket area.
The suspect was taken to Stowmarket police station where he was due to be quizzed by officers today.
During the morning police remained at the property in Creeting Road while scene of crime officers continued their search for evidence.