Man arrested for murder after fatal Ipswich house fire
Police have arrested a 69-year-old man on suspicion of murder after the death of a man following a house fire in March.
John Allen, 86, died in Ipswich Hospital a short time after the blaze at his home in Fuchsia Lane, Ipswich, on March 30.
Another man, in his 60s, was treated for serious injuries he sustained – taken initially to Ipswich Hospital, and later transferred to the specialist burns unit at Broomfield Hospital in Chelmsford.
Suffolk police have today arrested a 69-year-old man on suspicion of murder following an investigation the force has described as “comprehensive”.
Specialist sniffer dogs from Hertfordhire Fire and Rescue Service were brought in as part of the joint fire and police investigation.
The fire struck in the early hours.
Firefighters said the blaze spread quickly once the fire reached the loft space of the bungalow.
You may also want to watch:
The arrested man has been taken into custody at Martlesham Police Investigation Centre, where he will be interviewed by detectives about the incident.
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 3 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 4 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 5 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 6 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 7 London man who travelled to meet decoy teen to stand trial
- 8 Ipswich parents can 'survive not thrive' on £15 half-term food vouchers
- 9 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 10 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl