Man arrested in connection with knifepoint robbery at Farmfoods in Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
Police investigating a knifepoint robbery in Ipswich have arrested a man in connection with the incident.
The robbery took place on Thursday at around 6.50pm and is understood to be at the Farmfoods Store in Bramford Road.
A man is reported to have threatened a staff member with a knife and demand that they open the till. He stole a number of bank notes and then made off towards Little Bramford Lane.
Officers have arrested a 34-year-old Ipswich man on suspicion of robbery in connection to the incident.
He was taken to Martlesham Police Investigation Centre where he is being questioned.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives want to hear from people who were in Bramford Road between 6.30 and 7pm that night and saw anyone acting suspiciously.
Anyone with information should call South CID on 101 quoting reference 71083/17, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 2 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 3 Ipswich Flooring Superstore opening brings jobs and investment
- 4 Drink driver found slumped at wheel after partying until 7am
- 5 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 6 £1,600 worth of power tools stolen while owner was shopping
- 7 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
- 8 What are the Covid rates in Suffolk — and could Christmas be affected?
- 9 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 10 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high