Man arrested in face slashing probe
A 22-year-old is on bail today after being arrested on suspicion of slashing a man's face.
KESGRAVE: A 22-year-old is on bail today after being arrested on suspicion of slashing a man's face.
Nazer Hussain, 23, was left needing surgery after he was allegedly attacked while having a shower when two men are said to have burst into his home in Spring Road, Ipswich.
Kate Rutsch, a spokeswoman for Suffolk Police, said the suspect - who is from Kesgrave - was taken into custody on Thursday.
He was arrested on suspicion of wounding with intent to cause grievous bodily harm.
The suspect was also held for resisting arrest.
After being questioned at Ipswich police station, the man was released on bail, pending further inquiries.
- 1 Ipswich man charged with string of sexual offences
- 2 Could you offer one of these rescue animals their forever home in Suffolk?
- 3 Revealed: All the places crimes were reported in Ipswich in April
- 4 Tributes paid to 'calm and caring' grassroots football stalwart 'Mr Exiles'
- 5 Popular Ipswich motorcycle show to return for 30th year
- 6 Swimming pool at primary school open again after two years
- 7 'They saved our boy's life' - Fundraiser for hospital that helped little Rocco
- 8 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 9 7 walks in Suffolk with a stunning view
- 10 Regent expansion project takes step forward as plans urged for approval
He will now have to return to the Elm Street station on February 25.
The alleged attack left Mr Hussain, who works as a chef in a town centre restaurant, with two large scars on his face.
The incident is said to have happened shortly after 3pm on December 17.
Mr Hussain told police he believed the men, whose faces were covered with scarves, entered the house through an open door.
After receiving treatment at Ipswich Hospital, Mr Hussain said the incident had left him in fear for his safety.
“I do not feel safe in the house,” he said. “I do not feel able to trust people like I should be doing.
“I looked at my face and thought it has made my life hell.”
Following the alleged attack, the two men ran off along Spring Road.