Man arrested in Ipswich found with drugs and flick knife
- Credit: Archant
Police have arrested a 21-year-old man in Ipswich for a number of drug offences after he was found with a flick knife, cash and class A and B drugs in his possession.
The man was arrested on suspicion of possession with intent to supply class A drugs and on suspicion of possession of knife or bladed article after police received information at the end of last month.
Concerned members of the public in the Westbourne area of the town contacted police on Friday September 28.
The man was located in nearby Ulster Avenue and officers conducted a search of him under the Misuse of Drugs Act.
He was found to be in possession of what was suspected to be class A and class B drugs as well as around £500 worth of cash and was also in possession of a locking flick knife.
The man was taken to Martlesham Police Investigation Centre for questioning and later released under investigation pending further enquiries by police.
A police spokesman said: “This arrest came as a result of intelligence supplied by members of the public - you too can help the police remove drugs and knives from communities.
- 1 'I slept at the store' - Teen queues for 14 hours as Tim Hortons opens
- 2 CCTV appeal after cash stolen from ATM dispensing tray at Ipswich store
- 3 Man with foot fetish jailed for sexually assaulting women
- 4 Dog rescued from flat fire
- 5 Van driver in his 20s dies in Elmswell crash
- 6 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 7 Man dies following single vehicle crash near Ipswich
- 8 A14 closed overnight as lorry overturns in multi-vehicle pile up
- 9 'Vile violation of trust' - son hits out after carer stole £1,700 from mum
- 10 Politicians make Ipswich a third division town
“If you know of suspicious activity taking place in your locality please let us know using the 101 number and police will respond, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.”