Man arrested in Ipswich on suspicion of shoplifting
Police have arrested a man in Ipswich on suspicion of shoplifting.
A 30-year-old man was arrested in the vicinity of Belvedere Road this morning. He was then taken to Martlesham Police Investigation Centre to be interviewed by officers.
The arrest relates to incidents of theft from several business premises in the town, following an investigation into a string of shoplifting offences including at an address in Lavender Hill in Chantry.
This follows the arrest last week of another man, by officers investigating shoplifting offences in the town.
Richard McCleary, 29 and of Kelly Road Ipswich, was subsequently charged and appeared before Ipswich Magistrates’ Court on Thursday, December 7, where he pleaded guilty to six offences of shoplifting.
He was sentenced to 18 weeks’ imprisonment and ordered to pay compensation of more than £250.
- 1 Cycle wands being removed from Ipswich roads
- 2 Things you should know before visiting Spoon World Buffet and Bar
- 3 Gang jailed for 'horrific' torture attack on man in Ipswich home
- 4 Ipswich School named among the best in the region
- 5 Four charged over alleged samurai sword attack
- 6 'Dedicated and devoted' - tributes paid to retired teacher Annick Smith
- 7 Plans submitted to turn special measures care home into hotel
- 8 Illegal immigrant caught running cannabis factory is jailed
- 9 Rudolph starts his run - when is he coming to your Ipswich street?
- 10 Ipswich pubs offer cash reward to see spiking conviction