Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in Stowmarket
- Credit: Archant
Police have arrested a man on suspicion of murder following the death of a woman in Stowmarket last night.
Suffolk Constabulary launched an investigation after a woman, believed to be in her 60s, was found unresponsive at an address in The Brickfields at 10.20pm last night (December 30).
Paramedics attended but the woman was declared dead at the scene, officers said.
Police said the death is being treated as suspicious and a man has been arrested on suspicion of murder.
A police cordon is in place at the property and anyone with information is urged to call 101, quoting incident number 401 of December 30.
A Suffolk Constabulary spokesman said in a statement: “A man has been arrested following the death of a woman in Stowmarket last night, Saturday, December 30.
“Police were called to an address in The Brickfields at 10.20pm.
- 1 Fuel protests: Twelve miles of queues reported on A12
- 2 15 of the best photos from Ipswich Music Day 2022
- 3 Road closed and person trapped in car after crash
- 4 Travellers pitch up at park in Ipswich
- 5 Keys secured as 'Goliath' £1.2m needed to restore burned down church
- 6 'School family' to skydive for TA diagnosed with brain tumour
- 7 Ipswich Music Day 2022: All you need to know
- 8 Interactive map reveals the Suffolk neighbourhoods with highest Covid rates
- 9 Ipswich family's visa nightmare leaves them fearing separation
- 10 Jailed in June: The Suffolk criminals locked up last month
“On arrival at the property a woman, believed to be aged in her 60s, was discovered unresponsive. Paramedics attended the address but the woman was declared deceased at the scene.
“The death is being treated as suspicious and a man has been arrested on suspicion of murder.
“A police cordon is in place at the property whilst officers carry out an investigation.
“Anyone who has any information in relation to this incident is asked to contact Suffolk Police on 101, quoting incident number 401 of Saturday, December 30.”
An East of England Ambulance Service Trust (EEAST) spokesman said in a statement: “The EEAST received a call at 10.22pm on December 30 to The Brickfields, Stowmarket, to a report of a woman who was not breathing.
“An ambulance crew, ambulance officer and rapid response vehicle were dispatched.
“They treated a woman in cardiac arrest. Despite their best efforts, the patient sadly died at the scene.”