Man arrested on suspicion of rape after incident at Melton railway station
- Credit: Archant
A 35-year-old man from Ipswich has been arrested on suspicion of rape following an incident at Melton station last month.
The victim was attacked on the platform at Melton railway station on Tuesday, July 19.
The British Transport Police (BTP), with support from Suffolk police, launched an appeal for information following the incident.
CCTV footage was released to help identify a man seen arriving and leaving the railway station on a motorcycle who was believed to have “essential information” to help the investigation.
BTP confirmed yesterday that a 35-year-old Ipswich man had been arrested in relation to the incident.
You may also want to watch:
If you have information on the incident, call 0800 405040, quoting reference 188 of August 8, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 2 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate
- 3 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 4 70-year-old woman arrested in connection with human trafficking offences
- 5 Pair who hid murderer are among trio jailed for running drug syndicate
- 6 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 7 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 8 Life sentence for Hartshorne-Jones who shot wife dead at home
- 9 Could Ipswich Debenhams become hub for health and leisure?
- 10 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich