Man arrested over rape of 87-year-old
POLICE have arrested a 41-year-old man in connection with the rape of an 87-year-old woman in Great Yarmouth.The man was arrested at an address near Gorleston on suspicion of rape and is being held at an unnamed police station in Norfolk.
POLICE have arrested a 41-year-old man in connection with the rape of an 87-year-old woman in Great Yarmouth.
The man was arrested at an address near Gorleston on suspicion of rape and is being held at an unnamed police station in Norfolk.
The incident is believed to have happened between 3pm and 8.45pm on Easter Monday at the elderly grandmother's home address, in the area between Victoria Road and St Peter's Road.
A team of more than 20 detectives, from Yarmouth CID and Norfolk Constabulary's Major Investigation Team (MIT), has been engaged in a large number of enquiries over the past three days.
A detailed forensic examination of the scene has been taking place over the last three days and crime scene investigators are likely to continue this work over the coming days to ensure no piece of evidence is left unexamined.
Specially-trained officers experienced in dealing with vulnerable victims and sexual offences have been engaged in supporting the victim and speaking with her to gather as much detailed information about the incident as possible.
- 1 7 roadworks for drivers in Suffolk to be aware of this week
- 2 New 99-room Ipswich Travelodge expected to open next year
- 3 Man detained after early morning incident in Ipswich road
- 4 Ipswich girl with cyst on brain struggling to get diagnosis
- 5 See inside £1.65m Ipswich home with swimming pool and games room
- 6 7 things around Ipswich which are among the best in the country
- 7 Firefighters called to Ipswich house fire
- 8 Man dies after being found unresponsive in Sudbury river
- 9 'We're blown away' - Classic car show visits care home after roadworks setback
- 10 Police carry out 'pre-planned' operation in Felixstowe road
Anyone with information is asked to contact DI Armes or a member of his team at Great Yarmouth CID. Information should be passed to the Yarmouth CID incident room on 0845 456 4567 or can be given anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.