Man assaulted in mobile theft
BY GEORGINA JAMESgeorgina.firstname.lastname@example.orgA 22-YEAR-OLD man was kicked in the back as he tried to fend off a robber who stole his mobile phone in Ipswich.
BY GEORGINA JAMES
A 22-YEAR-OLD man was kicked in the back as he tried to fend off a robber who stole his mobile phone in Ipswich.
The victim was walking along Woodbridge Road, heading out of town, at about 5.15pm yesterday when the robber struck.
As the man approached the junction with Lacey Street, opposite St Helens School, he was pushed in the back and fell to the ground. When he tried to get up he was kicked in the back.
The offender then grabbed the victim's bag and ran off with another man down Woodbridge Road, towards the town.
- 1 Suffolk M&S stores to stay open as Colchester shop closes down
- 2 Mercedes and Vauxhall flip over after crash in busy Ipswich road
- 3 Teenage boys arrested after police seize suspected class A drugs in Ipswich
- 4 Man caught in undercover police sting trying to meet '13-year-old girl'
- 5 Cannabis dealer jailed after being caught with drugs in Range Rover
- 6 Man who attacked partner after she travelled 10 hours to see him is jailed
- 7 Is this tearoom near Ipswich one of Suffolk’s best-kept secrets?
- 8 Neighbours raised alarm after man not seen for several days
- 9 Two cars have windows smashed in same Ipswich residential street
- 10 New landlords take over award-winning pub and brewery in Suffolk village
The bag was later found discarded in the street, minus a mobile phone.
The offender is described as Asian, approximately 6ft with a thin moustache. He was wearing a dark woolly hat, dark bomber jacket and dark jeans.
Police are appealing for witnesses to this incident and anyone with information should contact Dc Dave Goldie at Ipswich CID on 01473 383133 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.