Man attacked in central Ipswich
A YOUNG man is today recovering after a bottle was smashed in his face in Ipswich town centre.The incident happened some time between 10.30pm and 11pm on Wednesday outside Tonic bar in Falcon Street.
A YOUNG man is today recovering after a bottle was smashed in his face in Ipswich town centre.
The incident happened some time between 10.30pm and 11pm on Wednesday outside Tonic bar in Falcon Street.
A member of the public alerted police after she spotted a group of men fighting outside the bar. Police found the injured man and his friend outside Rileys, the pool and snooker hall in Princes Street, some time later and called for an ambulance.
The 23-year-old was taken to Ipswich Hospital with facial injuries after receiving a gash to his right cheek.
You may also want to watch:
The two suspects are described as black, aged in their 20s, with one wearing a grey hooded top and denim jeans.
If you saw anything or can help police with their enquiries, call Pc Trevor Spinlove at the Central Safer Neighbourhood Team on 01473 613500 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
- 1 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 2 Updated: Bury Road reopened after two car collision near BMW garage
- 3 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 4 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich
- 5 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire
- 6 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 7 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 8 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 9 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store
- 10 Ipswich woman's drug dealing confiscation hearing adjourned