Man attacked with baseball bat
A MAN suffered severe head injuries after being attacked with a baseball bat in an unprovoked assault.
A MAN suffered severe head injuries after being attacked in an unprovoked assault in Clacton.
The 49-year-old was walking along Thorpe Road near its junction with Swallowdale when he was hit on the head with a baseball bat.
The attack happened on Sunday at 2.30am as he walked home with his girlfriend after enjoying a night out.
Ambulance crews took the injured man to Colchester General Hospital for treatment and he was later discharged.
Investigating Officer, Det Con Tom Coppin, said: “This appears to be a completely random assault where the attacker has not engaged in conversation with the victim nor has he made any demands.
- 1 Train services in Suffolk cancelled after horses escape onto tracks
- 2 Man found dead as police and fire service called to Ipswich home
- 3 'Quietly confident' - Felixstowe Indian restaurant goes alcohol-free
- 4 Man turned up naked on woman's doorstep after Euros Final
- 5 Plans for flats in former Ipswich pub progress
- 6 Mapped: Where parasite dangerous to dogs has been reported in Suffolk
- 7 Severe delays on A14 as lane blocked on Orwell Bridge
- 8 Busy Ipswich road reopens after small sinkhole is repaired
- 9 Car seized as driver tries to avoid parking fees at Stansted Airport
- 10 Why has my car been covered in dust?
“We're looking to speak with any residents or motorists who may have seen a man running along the nearby streets at the time.”
All that is currently know about the attacker is that he was dressed in dark clothing.
Anyone with information is asked to contact detectives at Clacton police station on 0300 333 4444.