Man avoids jail after shooting outside Unit 17 in Cardinal Park, Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
A 22-year-old man from Ipswich who fired blank shots outside a nightclub has been given a suspended sentence.
Alban Shehu, of Reynolds Road in Ipswich, was sentenced at Ipswich Crown Court yesterday for firing blanks from a pistol at around 3am on Friday, July 14, outside the Unit 17 nightclub in Cardinal Park.
The incident happened as people had been leaving the town centre nightclub.
Shehu was handed a 16 month sentence suspended for two years, and was also ordered to carry out a total of 180 hours of unpaid work.
He was also given a supervision requirement, 12 week curfew requirement and a rehabilitation order for a maximum of 25 hours.
Police cordoned off a section of Cardinal Park following the shooting, where they recovered blank shells from the area.
A grey Fiat Bravo parked outside the Harvester restaurant was found with smashed side and rear windows during the incident.
- 1 Ipswich Station closed as man arrested for possessing a firearm
- 2 Beautiful new bottomless brunches launch at Ipswich bar
- 3 'Lovely to be acknowledged' - Ipswich craft shop pleased with bounce back
- 4 Man arrested after Ipswich train station incident released
- 5 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 6 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 7 North Stander: We've become a sacking club - and that makes me uneasy
- 8 Court to decide how much swindler should repay customers
- 9 Family's gratitude after Christmas samaritan's £50 act of kindness
- 10 Yellow weather warning in place as Storm Barra set to hit Suffolk