Man charged after armed police called to Abbot’s Hall Primary School, Stowmarket following gun reports
- Credit: Archant
A man has been charged after armed police were called to an incident near a school in Stowmarket following reports a man was in possession of a suspected gun.
Abbot’s Hall Primary School in Danescourt Avenue was locked down yesterday after armed officers were called to the area following reports a man had been seen with what was believed to be a gun in his bag.
A BB gun was later recovered, a force spokesman confirmed.
Leutrim Halili, of Bury Road, Stowmarket, was detained yesterday morning, police said today. The 22-year-old has been charged with a number of offences relating to incidents yesterday and on November 28.
These include two counts of possession of a firearm with intent to cause fear of violence, three counts of assault by beating, one count of common assault, criminal damage, driving whilst disqualified and driving a vehicle with no insurance.
He has been detained to appear at South East Suffolk Magistrates’ Court in Ipswich this morning.
- 1 Take a look inside 15th Century farmhouse near Ipswich up for sale
- 2 Missing 13-year-old boy from Hadleigh found safe
- 3 Jailed in Suffolk: The county's criminals locked up in the last week
- 4 BrewDog, The Botanist and other reasons to be positive about Ipswich town centre
- 5 Tattingstone 'suitcase murder': 'Never too late' say police on 55th anniversary
- 6 Empty Ipswich office block could become new flats
- 7 Take a look inside new Ipswich restaurant that makes pizza the 'proper way'
- 8 Is Ipswich really England's oldest town? Experts give their view
- 9 Ipswich MP Tom Hunt speaks of 'disgust' at Downing Street parties
- 10 Two Magpies Bakery set to open in Woodbridge after rapid revamp of store