Man charged after police officer was hit over head with glass bottle in Ipswich
- Credit: CONTRIBUTED
A 31-year-old man has been charged after a police officer was hit over the head with a glass bottle in Ipswich on Friday evening.
Luke Greenland, of Mountbatten Court, Ipswich, will appear before magistrates tomorrow charged with attempted GBH on a police officer, criminal damage to a motor vehicle and threatening behaviour.
Police were called to the incident in Portman Road, near St Matthews Church, at 8.35pm on Friday, September 1, prompting a massive police response in the area.
A spokesman for Suffolk police said a police constable had reported being hit with a glass bottle while on duty in the Portman Road area of Ipswich.
The spokesman said it was believed the instrument used was a Prosecco bottle.
A witness described seeing around 10 police cars in attendance.
Two ambulances were also sent to the scene.
- 1 Most desirable places to live in Ipswich according to estate agents
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals locked up so far in 2022
- 3 Plans for 440 homes and visitor centre in Ipswich Garden Suburb submitted
- 4 OPINION: Free sporting activities for children return to Ipswich this summer
- 5 Ipswich Music Day 2022: All you need to know
- 6 Woman 'froze' after seeing masked men with machetes in Ipswich
- 7 Suffolk rail services affected after person hit by a train
- 8 Ipswich singer to perform UK festival tour after scoring club hit
- 9 Ipswich man charged with string of sexual offences
- 10 Woman who stole £24k from school and football club to face sentence
A ambulance service spokesman said two men had sustained head injuries and had been taken to hospital.