Man charged over fatal crash
A MAN has today been charged with two offences following a fatal crash on the A14 at Coddenham.Adalberto Condeo, of Suffolk Road, Ipswich, faces charges of failing to ensure a child under the age of 14 wore a seatbelt and driving otherwise than in accordance with a licence.
A MAN has today been charged with two offences following a fatal crash on the A14 at Coddenham.
Adalberto Condeo, of Suffolk Road, Ipswich, faces charges of failing to ensure a child under the age of 14 wore a seatbelt and driving otherwise than in accordance with a licence.
He is due to appear before South East Suffolk Magistrates' Court on June 5.
Condeo was driving a Peugeot carrying Jose Gomes Costa, 30, of Wherstead Road, Ipswich, and his eight-year-old daughter Erica Martins Andrade, who both died in the crash. The pair were thrown from the car on impact.
Mr Costa had just collected his wife and two daughters from Luton airport when the crash happened.
Suffolk police today said no charges had been brought against the drivers of a Transit van and a Vauxhall Vectra which were also involved in the collision.
- 1 Look inside stunning £950k home close to Christchurch Park in Ipswich
- 2 Take a look inside 15th Century farmhouse near Ipswich up for sale
- 3 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 4 Lorry overturns on A14 roundabout in Felixstowe
- 5 Motorist angry over £100 'fine' at Ipswich car park
- 6 A12 partially reopens after crash near Copdock Interchange
- 7 5 roadworks in Suffolk for motorists to avoid this week
- 8 BrewDog, The Botanist and other reasons to be positive about Ipswich town centre
- 9 Jailed in Suffolk: The county's criminals locked up in the last week
- 10 Retired Felixstowe nurse fears eviction after struggle to find social housing
The vehicles have now been released back to their owners.