Man charged over Ipswich stabbing
A MAN is due to appear in court today charged with grievous bodily harm after a stabbing in Norwich Road, Ipswich on Tuesday.Adeeb Alsugair, 33, of Old Foundry Road, Ipswich, was charged early this morning and remanded in custody at the town's police station until today's scheduled hearing at South East Suffolk Magistrates' Court.
A MAN was due to appear in court today charged with grievous bodily harm after a stabbing in Norwich Road, Ipswich on Tuesday.
Adeeb Alsugair, 33, of Old Foundry Road, Ipswich, was charged early this morning and remanded in custody at the town's police station until today's scheduled hearing at South East Suffolk Magistrates' Court.
Meanwhile two women have been bailed by police following the stabbing.
The 18-year-old and 41-year-old were arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender after the incident, which occurred around 5.15pm on Tuesday.
A spokeswoman for Suffolk Constabulary said they pair will now have to return to Ipswich police station on Thursday, September 6, pending further enquiries.
The spokeswoman added: “The 28-year-old victim has been released from hospital and is recovering at home.”
- 1 A14 near Ipswich remains partially closed after fire breaks out
- 2 Police cordon in place outside former Grimwades store in Ipswich
- 3 Two knives found in Ipswich park after six teenagers arrested
- 4 10-acre field fire breaks out in south Suffolk village
- 5 Man wanted in connection with Ipswich assault arrested
- 6 Ipswich machete attack was 'gang related', court hears
- 7 Summertime Ipswich to bring the party to the Waterfront next weekend
- 8 'I'm so proud' - Jimmy's Farm scoops three prestigious awards
- 9 Car damaged after object thrown from bridge over A14 outside Ipswich
- 10 One of the world's largest container ships arrives at Port of Felixstowe
A 17-year-old youth is in custody today after being arrested following a separate stabbing incident in Ipswich last night.
A 21-year-old man was taken to hospital after being stabbed in a skate park in Bridge Street.
The victim was released from hospital early this morning and the 17-year-old male suspect was arrested on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Dc Pauline Cullum at Ipswich Police on 0473 613500 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.