Man charged with hit and run death
A 21-YEAR-OLD Suffolk man was due to appear in court today charged with causing death of hit and run victim Wayne Goode.Martin Law was arrested in Colchester yesterday , in connection with a fatal road accident on the A134.
A 21-YEAR-OLD Suffolk man has appeared in court charged with causing death of hit and run victim Wayne Goode.
As reported in later editions of the Evening Star yesterday, Martin Law was arrested in Colchester yesterday , in connection with a fatal road accident on the A134.
He has now been charged with death by dangerous driving and appeared before maistrates in Bury St Edmunds.
Mr Goode, 28, of Broomhill Road, Ipswich, was killed on New Year's Day as he walked along the A134 towards Sudbury after leaving the Saracen's Head pub at Newton Green.
You may also want to watch:
At approximately 1am he left the pub and walked off in the direction of Sudbury along the A134.
Shortly after 2.50am police and ambulance services received a report from a member of the public who had been forced to stop his car suddenly because of a body of a male lying on the road, 75 metres south of the Wyevale Garden Centre at Great Cornard.
- 1 Car crashes into cafe closing Ipswich road
- 2 Ipswich man charged with dangerous driving following Audi crash in Norwich Road
- 3 Person taken to hospital after collision in Sainsbury's car park in Ipswich
- 4 New special school planned for former BT site
- 5 Women facing prison after admitting robbery in Ipswich
- 6 Rolling road block put in place on A14 after concerns for safety
- 7 Look inside beautiful £1.2million home with a pool near Felixstowe
- 8 Men sentenced for 'vicious' attack in Ipswich churchyard
- 9 Car hits front of Ipswich convenience store
- 10 Ipswich traffic measure 'on its way out' as petition launched
Mr Goode was pronounced dead at the scene. He had been hit by a vehicle –believed to be a Ford Transit van, which had been travelling along the A134 in the direction of Colchester or Ipswich.
The vehicle left the scene before the body was discovered.
Law is also charged with failing to stop at the scene of an accident, failing to report an accident, driving without a licence, and without insurance.