Man charged with killing teenagers
A MAN has been charged with two counts of manslaughter following the deaths of teenagers Dean Bloomfield and Scott Towler.Zulfcar Ali, 33, of Boyton Road, Ipswich, was charged after the two Stoke High boys died following a crash on Bishop's Hill on Friday.
A MAN has been charged with two counts of manslaughter following the deaths of teenagers Dean Bloomfield and Scott Towler.
Zulfcar Ali, 33, of Boyton Road, Ipswich, was charged after the two Stoke High boys died following a crash on Bishop's Hill on Friday.
Ali spent five days in Ipswich Hospital for an unknown illness before being charged with manslaughter of the 15-year-olds.
He is currently in custody at Ipswich Police station and is due to appear at South East Suffolk Magistrates Court tomorrow.
Scott died on Friday and Dean, who was holding hands with his girlfriend at the time he was struck, died on Saturday.
Tributes have been pouring into The Evening Star offices for the boys.
- 1 Thousands of cigarettes seized after HMRC officers raid Ipswich stores
- 2 Gambling addict stole £25k from elderly woman she befriended
- 3 New store opens in California fulfilling owner's dream
- 4 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 5 County lines dealer jailed for six years for drug offences in Ipswich
- 6 Pensioner who was racially abusive has jail sentence cut
- 7 'Definitely worth it' - Late night shoppers turn out in Ipswich
- 8 Online shoppers head to Ipswich for big brands like Primark
- 9 8 things to do with friends and family in Suffolk this weekend
- 10 Ipswich man charged with string of motoring offences
With the backing of Dean's family the Star has launched an appeal for a memorial to the youngsters.