Man charged with killing teenagers
A MAN has been charged with two counts of manslaughter following the deaths of teenagers Dean Bloomfield and Scott Towler.Zulfcar Ali, 33, of Boyton Road, Ipswich, was charged after the two Stoke High boys died following a crash on Bishop's Hill on Friday.
A MAN has been charged with two counts of manslaughter following the deaths of teenagers Dean Bloomfield and Scott Towler.
Zulfcar Ali, 33, of Boyton Road, Ipswich, was charged after the two Stoke High boys died following a crash on Bishop's Hill on Friday.
Ali spent five days in Ipswich Hospital for an unknown illness before being charged with manslaughter of the 15-year-olds.
He is currently in custody at Ipswich Police station and is due to appear at South East Suffolk Magistrates Court tomorrow.
Scott died on Friday and Dean, who was holding hands with his girlfriend at the time he was struck, died on Saturday.
Tributes have been pouring into The Evening Star offices for the boys.
- 1 Ipswich residents' frustration over parking chaos
- 2 Long delays on A14 near Ipswich after police called to hole in the road
- 3 'Severe' delays on A12 outside Ipswich after crash closes road
- 4 Suffolk's top 10 fish and chip shops as voted by our readers - now pick a winner
- 5 Man detained after early morning incident in Ipswich road
- 6 Tree works to begin after residents left 'fed up' for two years
- 7 Girl, 15, followed by man while walking dog in village near Ipswich
- 8 BT applies to install eight Street Hubs in Ipswich
- 9 Firefighters called to Ipswich house fire
- 10 Warehousing units take shape at Ipswich as demand rockets
With the backing of Dean's family the Star has launched an appeal for a memorial to the youngsters.