Man charged with killing teenagers
A MAN has been charged with two counts of manslaughter following the deaths of teenagers Dean Bloomfield and Scott Towler.Zulfcar Ali, 33, of Boyton Road, Ipswich, was charged after the two Stoke High boys died following a crash on Bishop's Hill on Friday.
A MAN has been charged with two counts of manslaughter following the deaths of teenagers Dean Bloomfield and Scott Towler.
Zulfcar Ali, 33, of Boyton Road, Ipswich, was charged after the two Stoke High boys died following a crash on Bishop's Hill on Friday.
Ali spent five days in Ipswich Hospital for an unknown illness before being charged with manslaughter of the 15-year-olds.
He is currently in custody at Ipswich Police station and is due to appear at South East Suffolk Magistrates Court tomorrow.
You may also want to watch:
Scott died on Friday and Dean, who was holding hands with his girlfriend at the time he was struck, died on Saturday.
Tributes have been pouring into The Evening Star offices for the boys.
- 1 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 2 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 3 'My life is on hold' – Ipswich man's plea for life-changing surgery
- 4 Did you enjoy a night out at Splitz Bar in 2002?
- 5 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 6 'Kind and caring' friend of the football community dies
- 7 Historic Waterfront church to be new Ipswich music venue
- 8 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 9 Risk of thundery showers this evening, say forecasters
- 10 New Ipswich fine food store is back - and smoked eels prove a hit
With the backing of Dean's family the Star has launched an appeal for a memorial to the youngsters.