Man charged with murder of nurse
A MAN has tonight been charged with the murder of a Colchester nurse.Daniel Tambengwa, 29, was charged with the murder of his former partner, Ella Chimweta.
A MAN has tonight been charged with the murder of a Colchester nurse.
Daniel Tambengwa, 29, was charged with the murder of his former partner, Ella Chimweta.
The body of Miss Chimweta, originally from Zimbabwe, was found at her home in Weetman's Drive, Colchester, on July 16.
She worked at Colchester General Hospital from May 2006 and was last seen alive on the afternoon of July 9, when she finished work.
You may also want to watch:
Police launched a murder inquiry after a post-mortem revealed the 32-year-old had died from asphyxiation.
Tambengwa, originally from Cameroon, was questioned by police over the weekend in connection with the investigation. He has been remanded in custody and will appear before magistrates tomorrow morning.
- 1 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 2 Woman sexually assaulted near Ipswich Waterfront
- 3 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 4 Superhero send off planned for 'charismatic and cheeky' Alexander, 15
- 5 Jailed in Suffolk: J Block gang members and man who attacked train station staff
- 6 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 7 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 8 Man jailed after safe stolen from Spread Eagle pub
- 9 'I will miss her enormously' - husband's tribute to NHS hero Carol
- 10 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire