Man cleared of child attack charges
A 19-year-old man has been cleared of seriously injuring a child.An Ipswich Crown Court jury found Luke Sims, of Prickwillow, Ely, not guilty of causing a child grievous bodily harm.
A 19-year-old man has been cleared of seriously injuring a child.
An Ipswich Crown Court jury found Luke Sims, of Prickwillow, Ely, not guilty of causing a child grievous bodily harm.
They had not reached a decision on the charge of child cruelty and Judge John Devaux gave them a majority direction asking for at least 10 of them to reach a verdict on that count.
The child, who has now made a full recovery, suffered five broken ribs, a broken forearm, retinal haemorrhages and bleeding into the brain, while in the care of Sims and his co-defendant.
You may also want to watch:
Sims co-defendant Carly Morris, 18, of Burrell Road, Ipswich, has been cleared of four offences of child cruelty.
The jury is expected to reach its final verdicts today (Fri).
- 1 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 2 Man taken to hospital after becoming stuck in mud in Ipswich riverbank
- 3 Man jailed for attacking teenage girl with saucepan and meat cleaver in Ipswich
- 4 WATCH: Ever Given docks at Felixstowe after four-month delay
- 5 Developer 'ecstatic' as multi-million pound town hotel gets green light
- 6 Couple avoid jail for campaign of harassment against neighbour
- 7 New streetfood restaurant set to open in Ipswich Corn Exchange
- 8 Ipswich man charged over alleged cocaine dealing
- 9 Man drove into ex-partner's parked car outside Gainsborough Labour and Social Club