Man cleared of child attack charges
A 19-year-old man has been cleared of seriously injuring a child.An Ipswich Crown Court jury found Luke Sims, of Prickwillow, Ely, not guilty of causing a child grievous bodily harm.
A 19-year-old man has been cleared of seriously injuring a child.
An Ipswich Crown Court jury found Luke Sims, of Prickwillow, Ely, not guilty of causing a child grievous bodily harm.
They had not reached a decision on the charge of child cruelty and Judge John Devaux gave them a majority direction asking for at least 10 of them to reach a verdict on that count.
The child, who has now made a full recovery, suffered five broken ribs, a broken forearm, retinal haemorrhages and bleeding into the brain, while in the care of Sims and his co-defendant.
You may also want to watch:
Sims co-defendant Carly Morris, 18, of Burrell Road, Ipswich, has been cleared of four offences of child cruelty.
The jury is expected to reach its final verdicts today (Fri).
- 1 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 2 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 3 'My life is on hold' – Ipswich man's plea for life-changing surgery
- 4 Did you enjoy a night out at Splitz Bar in 2002?
- 5 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 6 'Kind and caring' friend of the football community dies
- 7 Historic Waterfront church to be new Ipswich music venue
- 8 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 9 Risk of thundery showers this evening, say forecasters
- 10 New Ipswich fine food store is back - and smoked eels prove a hit