Man detained in Portman Road car park after getting into woman’s car and refusing to get out
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested in Ipswich this morning after reportedly getting into the passenger seat of woman’s car and refusing to get out.
Police were called to the borough council’s Portman Road car park at around 8.55am today, Wednesday August 9, after receiving initial reports a man was seen trying to get into a car.
A spokesman for Suffolk police said: “It appears a man sat in someone’s car and refused to get out.”
Officers arrested a man at the scene on suspicion of common assault.
He has been taken to Martlesham Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
The woman was not hurt during the incident.
- 1 Apology for Ipswich pub landlords after 'insensitive LGBT+ comments'
- 2 ‘I thought I was going to die’ - Woman feels let down after spiking
- 3 More than 200 homes in Ipswich without electricity after power cut
- 4 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 5 'My life is hard enough' - Suffolk disabled dad struggles to repair home
- 6 Matchday Recap: Town out of Trophy after shootout loss
- 7 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside
- 8 Weather warning issued as Suffolk could see snow fall tomorrow
- 9 Man acted as lookout while accomplice robbed Ipswich store
- 10 Gucci items hidden in Asda stores across the country