Police name motorcyclist who has died following crash near Kesgrave
- Credit: Archant
A motorcyclist who died following a crash on the outskirts of Kesgrave has been named by police.
Craig Bedford, 37, a father-of-two from Ipswich, died on Saturday, June 8 as a result of injuries sustained in the crash on Friday, June 7.
Police were called by the ambulance service just after 7pm to reports of a crash involving a silver Audi A6 and a black Honda motorcycle.
The collision happened at the crossroads with Bell Lane, Kesgrave, and Foxhall Road, Ipswich.
A spokesman for Suffolk police said: "The motorcyclist sustained life-threatening injuries and was taken by ambulance to hospital.
You may also want to watch:
"He sadly died as a result of his injuries yesterday, Saturday, June 8.
"Pending formal Coroner's inquest proceedings, police have provisionally identified the deceased as 37-year-old Craig Bedford from Ipswich."
- 1 Drink driver found slumped at wheel after partying until 7am
- 2 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 3 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 4 Ipswich Flooring Superstore opening brings jobs and investment
- 5 Man arrested following Ipswich sexual assault
- 6 £1,600 worth of power tools stolen while owner was shopping
- 7 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 8 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 9 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 10 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
Officers would like to speak to anyone who witnessed the collision.
If you have any information that could help in their investigation, contact Suffolk police on 101 quoting reference CAD 355 of June 7.
Police are particularly keen to hear from anyone with dash-cam footage.