Man died following fall at hospital
A CANCER patient died after falling over at Ipswich hospital, an inquest revealed.Collin Syddell, 84, was admitted to the hospital on January 5 this year suffering from chronic pain in his neck and back due to the advanced cancer.
A CANCER patient died after falling over at Ipswich hospital, an inquest revealed.
Collin Syddell, 84, was admitted to the hospital on January 5 this year suffering from chronic pain in his neck and back due to the advanced cancer.
An inquest at Ipswich County Court heard that on January 11 Mr Syddell, of Northfield Road, Onehouse, Stowmarket, fell onto his face as he walked along the ward. He was bruised and lost consciousness.
His visiting family said he later appeared normal but shaken, but he became unwell the following day and lost consciousness again.
You may also want to watch:
A brain scan showed that Mr Syddell had suffered a brain haemorrhage and several recent strokes.
Due to his age and the advanced cancer, he was given symptomatic treatment only.
- 1 Ipswich father caught with indecent images of children avoids jail
- 2 Women facing prison after admitting robbery in Ipswich
- 3 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 4 Ipswich man charged with dangerous driving following Audi crash in Norwich Road
- 5 Car crashes into cafe closing Ipswich road
- 6 Rolling road block put in place on A14 after concerns for safety
- 7 Will Ipswich betting shop be turned into fish and chip shop?
- 8 Ipswich traffic measure 'on its way out' as petition launched
- 9 Men sentenced for 'vicious' attack in Ipswich churchyard
- 10 Kenyan school chums meet by 'unbelievable chance' at Suffolk village fete
He died on January 13. A post mortem revealed that although the haemorrhage occurred as a result of the fall, a stroke may have caused him to collapse.
Greater Suffolk coroner Dr Peter Dean recorded a verdict of accidental death.