Man dies after being hit by train
A MAN has died after being struck by a train in Essex today. British Transport Police received reports of a person being struck by a train near Stanford Le Hope Station in Essex at 5.47am.
A MAN has died after being struck by a train in Essex today.
British Transport Police received reports of a person being struck by a train near Stanford Le Hope Station in Essex at 5.47am.
A spokesman for the force said a man in his late 20s was struck and killed on the tracks near to the bridge on the A13 and A1014.
He said: “The train involved was the 5.13am service from Shoeburyness to London Fenchurch Street, which was travelling at approximately 60mph.
You may also want to watch:
“The driver, who reported slowing down on the section of track, sounded his horn, but was unable to stop as the man walked on to the tracks with his back to the train.”
The man was pronounced dead at the scene at 6.16am and the line was handed back to Network Rail at 6.50am.
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 3 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 4 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 5 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 6 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 7 Man caused £26k worth of damage after setting fire to van and car
- 8 First look inside Ipswich's new Geek Retreat games cafe
- 9 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 10 London man who travelled to meet decoy teen to stand trial
The incident is not being treated as suspicious and a coroner's report will be prepared.