Man dies after car plunges into Essex river
A man died after being pulled from a car after it plunged into an Essex river.
A MAN has died after his car plunged into an Essex river.
Emergency services launched a major rescue operation after the car was reported to have gone into the River Crouch just before 5pm today.
The tragedy happened close to Ferry Road in Hullbridge.
You may also want to watch:
Police, coastguards, fire crews and the RNLI were all involved in the rescue which began at shortly before 5pm.
The car was located 50 metres from the river's edge just before 7pm and the man was rescued some 20 minutes later.
- 1 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 2 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 3 Woman sexually assaulted near Ipswich Waterfront
- 4 Superhero send off planned for 'charismatic and cheeky' Alexander, 15
- 5 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire
- 6 Man jailed after safe stolen from Spread Eagle pub
- 7 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 8 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 9 Jailed in Suffolk: J Block gang members and man who attacked train station staff
- 10 'I will miss her enormously' - husband's tribute to NHS hero Carol
Essex Fire Service confirmed the man had died and said it was the second time in seven days that an incident there had resulted in a fatality.