Man dies in crash
AN ELDERLY man has died after his car left the road and ended up in a ditch.The accident happened in Valley Road, Newton, near Sudbury, just before 9am.
AN ELDERLY man has died after his car left the road and ended up in a ditch.
The accident happened in Valley Road, Newton, near Sudbury, just before 9am.
A spokesman for Suffolk police said: "This was a single vehicle accident and the elderly male driver was the sole occupant of the vehicle."
An ambulance was called but the man, believed to be in his 60s, was pronounced dead at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
The road was closed and diversions put in place for around an hour and a half while police carried out investigations and removed the Mercedes car from the ditch.
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 3 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 4 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 5 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 6 London man who travelled to meet decoy teen to stand trial
- 7 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 8 Ipswich parents can 'survive not thrive' on £15 half-term food vouchers
- 9 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 10 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences