Murder investigation launched after man dies in Ipswich stabbing
- Credit: Archant
A man has died following a stabbing in Ipswich, sparking a murder investigation.
Emergency services, including police and paramedics, were sent to reports a man had been stabbed in Turin Street just before 2pm today.
An air ambulance crew was also called, but despite their best efforts the man died at the scene.
Eyewitnesses reported seeing forensic vans and officers in white suits in Wherstead Road at around 4pm.
Detectives have cordoned off Turin Street and Kenyon Street while an investigation into what happened takes place.
One man, who lives nearby but did not want to be named, said he opened the door to see several armed officers dealing with an incident.
You may also want to watch:
“It wasn’t very nice to open the door and see so many police here,” he said.
“It’s pretty shocking to see all the emergency services.”
- 1 ‘Bubbly’ teenager reported being raped the night she died
- 2 Woman injured in crash on main road into Ipswich
- 3 Former Ipswich bank premises snapped up
- 4 Plans submitted to transform former Ipswich office into 75 flats
- 5 Teenager detained by police in Ipswich over attempts to flee Audi crash
- 6 Cyclist taken to hospital after bus fails to stop at scene of crash
- 7 Police seize counterfeit perfume from Ipswich street trader
- 8 Man performs lewd act in front of woman
- 9 Teen guilty of 'frenzied' knife attack on sleeping woman
- 10 Ipswich man jailed for more than 5 years for running 'mouse' drug line
Witnesses to the attack and anyone with information or dash cam footage should call South CID at Landmark House on 101, quoting reference CAD 189 of December 16.
Or, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.