Man escapes from Hollesley Bay Prison
A CONVICTED robber was tonight on the run after escaping from Hollesley Bay Open Prison.Lee Michael Klein, 30, failed to return from a temporary release visit on Saturday, July 26.
A CONVICTED robber was tonight on the run after escaping from Hollesley Bay Open Prison.
Lee Michael Klein, 30, failed to return from a temporary release visit on Saturday, July 26.
Klein is serving a five-year, three-month sentence for robbery and was due for release in April 2005. He was last seen at 12.25pm last Saturday and police were alerted when he did not return to the prison as scheduled at 7.30pm.
He is described as white, 5ft 9in tall, of thin build with brown hair and hazel eyes. He has tattoos on his left wrist, chest and upper arm and was last seen wearing a blue denim jacket, prison jeans, a white T-shirt, black trainers and sunglasses.
Police are advising any one spotting him to call 999 instantly and urge people not to approach him.
It is another embarrassment for the jail and it comes after two other inmates escaped from the prison in separate incidents earlier this month.
- 1 Emergency road closure in place on busy Ipswich road
- 2 Family's Christmas lights tribute to Jessica, 28, who died after giving birth
- 3 Will 'traditional' new homes at Ipswich Garden Suburb soon be obsolete?
- 4 Snow falls over Suffolk and more sub-zero temperatures to come
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 Suspected drink-driver charged after three-car collision in Ipswich
- 7 Apology for Ipswich pub landlords after 'insensitive LGBT+ comments'
- 8 Drunk woman attacked former partner with knife
- 9 Surprise snowglobe gift leaves Harvey, 4, 'over the moon'
- 10 Burglar jailed for break-in at Stowmarket dental practice
Anyone who has seen Klein since Saturday lunchtime is asked to contact Suffolk police on 01473 613500.