Man escapes from Hollesley Bay Prison
A CONVICTED robber was tonight on the run after escaping from Hollesley Bay Open Prison.Lee Michael Klein, 30, failed to return from a temporary release visit on Saturday, July 26.
A CONVICTED robber was tonight on the run after escaping from Hollesley Bay Open Prison.
Lee Michael Klein, 30, failed to return from a temporary release visit on Saturday, July 26.
Klein is serving a five-year, three-month sentence for robbery and was due for release in April 2005. He was last seen at 12.25pm last Saturday and police were alerted when he did not return to the prison as scheduled at 7.30pm.
He is described as white, 5ft 9in tall, of thin build with brown hair and hazel eyes. He has tattoos on his left wrist, chest and upper arm and was last seen wearing a blue denim jacket, prison jeans, a white T-shirt, black trainers and sunglasses.
You may also want to watch:
Police are advising any one spotting him to call 999 instantly and urge people not to approach him.
It is another embarrassment for the jail and it comes after two other inmates escaped from the prison in separate incidents earlier this month.
- 1 Audi left wrecked after late-night crash in Ipswich
- 2 Did you hear the loud 'bang' coming from Ipswich park?
- 3 Work to start on 150 new Ipswich council homes next year
- 4 Matchday Recap: Plenty of positives despite Palace defeat
- 5 Family concerned after 15-year-old girl reported missing from Ipswich
- 6 Woman 'alarmed and distressed' after verbal abuse in Ipswich
- 7 Jailed in Suffolk: Burglar, dangerous driver and drug dealer put behind bars
- 8 New homes and dormitory block planned for Ipswich school site
- 9 See inside 5 of the most expensive dream homes in Ipswich
- 10 The 10 most Instagrammable spots in Ipswich - is your favourite on the list?
Anyone who has seen Klein since Saturday lunchtime is asked to contact Suffolk police on 01473 613500.