Man escapes from Hollesley Bay Prison
A CONVICTED robber was tonight on the run after escaping from Hollesley Bay Open Prison.Lee Michael Klein, 30, failed to return from a temporary release visit on Saturday, July 26.
A CONVICTED robber was tonight on the run after escaping from Hollesley Bay Open Prison.
Lee Michael Klein, 30, failed to return from a temporary release visit on Saturday, July 26.
Klein is serving a five-year, three-month sentence for robbery and was due for release in April 2005. He was last seen at 12.25pm last Saturday and police were alerted when he did not return to the prison as scheduled at 7.30pm.
He is described as white, 5ft 9in tall, of thin build with brown hair and hazel eyes. He has tattoos on his left wrist, chest and upper arm and was last seen wearing a blue denim jacket, prison jeans, a white T-shirt, black trainers and sunglasses.
You may also want to watch:
Police are advising any one spotting him to call 999 instantly and urge people not to approach him.
It is another embarrassment for the jail and it comes after two other inmates escaped from the prison in separate incidents earlier this month.
- 1 New cocktail bar and tapas restaurant to open in Ipswich
- 2 CCTV issued after thieves steal almost £900 in toys and food from B&M
- 3 Car ends up on side after crash involving parked car
- 4 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 5 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 6 Vandals strike at beautiful stately home near Ipswich during restoration
- 7 Pub owner on how 'amazing' community support helped venue survive
- 8 Meet the Ipswich 18-year-old who is now one of UK's youngest politicians
- 9 New primary and pre-school set for September 2022 opening
- 10 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
Anyone who has seen Klein since Saturday lunchtime is asked to contact Suffolk police on 01473 613500.