Man escapes from Hollesley Bay Prison
A DRUG DEALER was tonight on the run after escaping from Hollesley Bay Open Prison.Shaun Lee Dowman, 25, from Tilbury in Essex, was discovered missing at an inmate roll call this afternoon.
A DRUG DEALER was tonight on the run after escaping from Hollesley Bay Open Prison.
Shaun Lee Dowman, 25, from Tilbury in Essex, was discovered missing at an inmate roll call this afternoon.
Dowman is serving a six-year sentence after being convicted in November 2001 at Southend Crown Court for supplying controlled drugs.
He is described as 1.7 metres tall, with brown hair and of medium build.
You may also want to watch:
Dowman is not considered a threat to the general public.
Suffolk Police Inspector Mike Hinshelwood told the Evening Star: "There is nothing that makes Dowman appear to be dangerous and we have no reason to believe he is armed.
- 1 Ipswich father caught with indecent images of children avoids jail
- 2 Women facing prison after admitting robbery in Ipswich
- 3 Ipswich man charged with dangerous driving following Audi crash in Norwich Road
- 4 Car crashes into cafe closing Ipswich road
- 5 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 6 Rolling road block put in place on A14 after concerns for safety
- 7 Ipswich traffic measure 'on its way out' as petition launched
- 8 Will Ipswich betting shop be turned into fish and chip shop?
- 9 Men sentenced for 'vicious' attack in Ipswich churchyard
- 10 Kenyan school chums meet by 'unbelievable chance' at Suffolk village fete
"We do not know if he has been helped by any other people, nor how he escaped, but he is in an open prison so the opportunities are there.
"Anybody with any information as to his location should contact Suffolk Police instantly."
The Suffolk Police phone number is 01473 613500.