Man escapes from Hollesley Bay Prison
A DRUG DEALER was tonight on the run after escaping from Hollesley Bay Open Prison.Shaun Lee Dowman, 25, from Tilbury in Essex, was discovered missing at an inmate roll call this afternoon.
A DRUG DEALER was tonight on the run after escaping from Hollesley Bay Open Prison.
Shaun Lee Dowman, 25, from Tilbury in Essex, was discovered missing at an inmate roll call this afternoon.
Dowman is serving a six-year sentence after being convicted in November 2001 at Southend Crown Court for supplying controlled drugs.
He is described as 1.7 metres tall, with brown hair and of medium build.
Dowman is not considered a threat to the general public.
Suffolk Police Inspector Mike Hinshelwood told the Evening Star: "There is nothing that makes Dowman appear to be dangerous and we have no reason to believe he is armed.
- 1 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 2 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 3 ‘I’ve got no life’ - Ipswich woman's agony as she waits for operation
- 4 Look inside stunning £950k home close to Christchurch Park in Ipswich
- 5 Lorry overturned on roundabout closes A14 near Felixstowe
- 6 Drug dealer found with cannabis, 133 tablets and cash jailed
- 7 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 8 Did you know these 10 pubs were open in Ipswich?
- 9 Ladies night event in Kesgrave with strippers sold-out in five days
- 10 Road closed while fire crews tackle Martlesham blaze
"We do not know if he has been helped by any other people, nor how he escaped, but he is in an open prison so the opportunities are there.
"Anybody with any information as to his location should contact Suffolk Police instantly."
The Suffolk Police phone number is 01473 613500.