Man escapes from Hollesley Bay Prison
A DRUG DEALER was tonight on the run after escaping from Hollesley Bay Open Prison.Shaun Lee Dowman, 25, from Tilbury in Essex, was discovered missing at an inmate roll call this afternoon.
A DRUG DEALER was tonight on the run after escaping from Hollesley Bay Open Prison.
Shaun Lee Dowman, 25, from Tilbury in Essex, was discovered missing at an inmate roll call this afternoon.
Dowman is serving a six-year sentence after being convicted in November 2001 at Southend Crown Court for supplying controlled drugs.
He is described as 1.7 metres tall, with brown hair and of medium build.
You may also want to watch:
Dowman is not considered a threat to the general public.
Suffolk Police Inspector Mike Hinshelwood told the Evening Star: "There is nothing that makes Dowman appear to be dangerous and we have no reason to believe he is armed.
- 1 Air ambulance lands near Ipswich shops after medical emergency
- 2 Ipswich tops rankings for Suffolk's Japanese knotweed infestations
- 3 Ipswich crack cocaine and heroin dealer jailed
- 4 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 5 Closest Covid testing hub to Ipswich town centre forced to close
- 6 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 7 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 8 Person in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 9 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 10 Joy as Shotley Pier finally set to reopen after being derelict for over 30 years
"We do not know if he has been helped by any other people, nor how he escaped, but he is in an open prison so the opportunities are there.
"Anybody with any information as to his location should contact Suffolk Police instantly."
The Suffolk Police phone number is 01473 613500.