Man fighting for life after stabbing
POLICE are today hunting two men after a man was left fighting for his life following a stabbing in Ipswich town centre.Detectives from Suffolk police have appealed for information after the 19-year-old was stabbed in an alleyway off Upper Brook Street.
POLICE are today hunting two men after a man was left fighting for his life following a stabbing in Ipswich town centre.
Detectives from Suffolk police have appealed for information after the 19-year-old was stabbed in an alleyway off Upper Brook Street at about 1.45am today.
They said the victim had been involved in an altercation with two men and received injuries including a stab wound to the neck.
A police spokesman said: “Enquiries are at an early stage but police do have basic descriptions of the two men.
You may also want to watch:
“One of the men is described as white, approximately 5ft 9in tall, clean shaven, with short fair hair and aged in his late teens or early 20s.
“The other man is described as being taller than the first man with short dark hair.”
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 3 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 4 'It's like we're in the stone age' - Homophobic abuse halts LGBT+ parties
- 5 First look inside Ipswich's new Geek Retreat games cafe
- 6 Major Ipswich road partially blocked after crash involving Audi and Mercedes
- 7 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 8 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 9 Man accused of Ipswich stabbing refuses to leave cell to enter plea
- 10 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
A cordon was set up around the alleyway and the nearby Zing wine bar in Tacket Street where a large pool of blood could be seen on the pavement and outdoor furniture.
The police spokesman said the victim was this afternoon in a critical condition in Ipswich Hospital.