Man fights for life after assault
POLICE in Ipswich were today investigating a serious assault after an injured man was found in a residential street in the town.Officers were called to Shackleton Road on the Priory Heath estate around 2am today.
POLICE in Ipswich were today investigating a potentially serious assault after an injured man was found in a residential street in the town.
Officers were called to Shackleton Road on the Priory Heath estate around 2am today.
When they arrived there they found a 45-year-old man unconscious in the road. His injuries were later described as being “very serious.”
After giving the victim medical attention at the scene, he was taken to Ipswich Hospital.
Detectives and other police officers were making house to house inquiries in Shackleton Road and had taped off the area where the man was found.
At one stage there was a fingertip search of the road.
- 1 'From one family business to another' - Cattermole's changes hands
- 2 'This is all I've got' - Woman fighting to keep home where mum died
- 3 Teen fractured taxi driver's skull in 'shocking display of violence'
- 4 46-year-old man who died in Great Bealings crash named
- 5 Woman bit dog owner during dispute over not picking up mess
- 6 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 7 Suffolk entrepreneur Mike Lynch loses $5bn fraud case with Hewlett Packard
- 8 Felixstowe man to star on small screen with converted Mini Cooper
- 9 Burglar caught by family in 'bear hug' jailed for four years
- 10 Overturned vehicle partially blocking road near Ipswich
Only residents of the road were allowed through as the inquiries continued.
The original call about the incident was taken by the ambulance service, which was told that a man had been assaulted.
When they arrived they found him laying in the road with what was described as a “quite serious” head injury.
They called the police and took the man to hospital with what an ambulance spokeswoman described as a “nasty bleed” from a head wound.
While he was being treated in hospital, a team of police officers began an inquiry into what had happened.
The victim is not believed to live in the Shackleton Road area. He is thought to come from west Ipswich.
Officers were expected to be in the area today trying to speak to anyone who might be able to give them any information about this morning's incident.
Police have appealed for anyone with any information about the incident to contact them on 01473-613500 or through CrimeStoppers on 0800 555111.