Man fined for smashing window
AN Ipswich man is nearly £200 out of pocket today after smashing a window in the town centre because a cash machine would not give him money.Kenny Woolnough, of Howe Avenue, admitted smashing the window of Meridian Business Support in Westgate Street at about midnight on November 13.
AN Ipswich man is nearly £200 out of pocket today after smashing a window in the town centre because a cash machine would not give him money.
Kenny Woolnough, of Howe Avenue, admitted smashing the window of Meridian Business Support in Westgate Street at about midnight on November 13.
A member of the public saw the 27-year-old break the window before walking away with another man.
A police officer later located the pair and Woolnough admitted being the one who broke the window.
You may also want to watch:
During a hearing at South East Suffolk Magistrates' Court on Friday, Woolnough pleaded guilty to criminal damage and said: “It was just a drunk moment of madness.
“I consumed too much alcohol; I didn't know what I was doing.”
- 1 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 2 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire
- 3 Updated: Bury Road reopened after two car collision near BMW garage
- 4 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 5 Man jailed after safe stolen from Spread Eagle pub
- 6 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 7 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 8 Daughter pays tribute to keen sailor with 'contagious energy'
- 9 Superhero send off planned for 'charismatic and cheeky' Alexander, 15
- 10 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
Magistrate Judith Palmer, chairman of the bench, fined Woolnough £100 and ordered him to pay £50 compensation to Meridian Business Support.
She also ordered him to pay £43 court costs.