Man fondled 12-year-old girl, court told
A 12–YEAR-OLD girl told police a man plied her with cider and fondled her breasts, a court heard.The girl said Brian Coleman, 33, gave her about two pints of cider and cigarettes before he sexually assaulted her, as she sat on a sofa.
A 12–YEAR-OLD girl told police a man plied her with cider and fondled her breasts, a court heard.
The girl said Brian Coleman, 33, gave her about two pints of cider and cigarettes before he sexually assaulted her, as she sat on a sofa.
Ipswich Crown Court heard that Coleman of Bulstrode Road, Ipswich, allegedly put his hand under her top and gradually moved it up to her breasts.
Peter Fenn, prosecuting said: "She felt his hands on her breasts. She froze and pretended to be asleep. She felt something cold on her nipples and thought it was his mouth. She pretended to stir in her sleep and fell off the chair".
The court heard that she used this move as an excuse to escape from Coleman.
Mr Fenn said the defendant allegedly asked the girl when they next met if she could remember anything about the evening the incident had occurred. She said she could not.
- 1 Teenager 'kicked and punched' by man during Ipswich assault
- 2 Cyclist left with 'potentially life-changing injuries' after Ipswich crash
- 3 Tragic loss of 'kind and gentle' Aayush at 17 devastated family
- 4 'I slept at the store' - Teen queues for 14 hours as Tim Hortons opens
- 5 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist knocked unconscious in crash
- 6 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 7 Man, 25, threatened to kill ex-partner with wrench, court hears
- 8 Five-bedroom home with 'beautiful countryside views' on market for £800K
- 9 CCTV appeal after cash stolen from ATM dispensing tray at Ipswich store
- 10 Man dragged former partner from car and kicked her in assault
Mr Fenn added: "He told her she had been running around lifting up her top."
When Coleman was arrested he denied indecently assaulting the girl, he admitted giving her cider and cigarettes but said he was not sexually attracted to her and denied touching her indecently.
Coleman told police he could not explain why the girl would make false allegations about him. He pleaded not guilty to a charge of indecent assault.
The jury was today expected to watch a video of the girl's interview, which was filmed when she was questioned by specially trained police officers, earlier this year.
The trial continues.