Man fondled 12-year-old girl, court told
A 12–YEAR-OLD girl told police a man plied her with cider and fondled her breasts, a court heard.The girl said Brian Coleman, 33, gave her about two pints of cider and cigarettes before he sexually assaulted her, as she sat on a sofa.
A 12–YEAR-OLD girl told police a man plied her with cider and fondled her breasts, a court heard.
The girl said Brian Coleman, 33, gave her about two pints of cider and cigarettes before he sexually assaulted her, as she sat on a sofa.
Ipswich Crown Court heard that Coleman of Bulstrode Road, Ipswich, allegedly put his hand under her top and gradually moved it up to her breasts.
Peter Fenn, prosecuting said: "She felt his hands on her breasts. She froze and pretended to be asleep. She felt something cold on her nipples and thought it was his mouth. She pretended to stir in her sleep and fell off the chair".
You may also want to watch:
The court heard that she used this move as an excuse to escape from Coleman.
Mr Fenn said the defendant allegedly asked the girl when they next met if she could remember anything about the evening the incident had occurred. She said she could not.
- 1 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 2 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results
- 3 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 4 Man caught with indecent images of children avoids jail
- 5 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
- 6 Cyclist suffers injuries after crash in Ipswich
- 7 Woman in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 8 WATCH: Family of wild foxes caught on camera in Ipswich garden
- 9 New Oasis Lounge bar planned for former Waterfront gym site
- 10 Ipswich primary school goes green for classmate with hearing loss
Mr Fenn added: "He told her she had been running around lifting up her top."
When Coleman was arrested he denied indecently assaulting the girl, he admitted giving her cider and cigarettes but said he was not sexually attracted to her and denied touching her indecently.
Coleman told police he could not explain why the girl would make false allegations about him. He pleaded not guilty to a charge of indecent assault.
The jury was today expected to watch a video of the girl's interview, which was filmed when she was questioned by specially trained police officers, earlier this year.
The trial continues.