Man found dead in Ipswich town centre
POLICE are investigating the sudden death of a man found in Ipswich town centre today.The 40-year-old man, who has not yet been identified, was found collapsed near to Yates Wine Lodge, in Tower Street.
POLICE are investigating the sudden death of a man found in Ipswich town centre today.
The 40-year-old man, who has not yet been identified, was found collapsed near to Yates Wine Lodge, in Tower Street.
It is not known how he died at this stage and it is not known whether his death is suspicious.
The surrounding area was closed for more than three hours by officers investigating the incident, which was reported at about 11.45am.
You may also want to watch:
Parts of Northgate Street, Tower Ramparts and Old Foundry Road were all sealed off by police tape while officers combed the area. The area was expected to be reopened by about 5pm.
It is thought the incident happened in Tower Ramparts, between Yates Wine Lodge and PJ McGinty & Sons pub.
- 1 Man caught in Ipswich park paedophile sting jailed for more than two years
- 2 Ipswich teenage boy arrested over stabbing
- 3 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 4 Ipswich lorry drivers raise a glass as haulage firm launches in-house watering hole
- 5 Should buses be kept out of Ipswich's Upper Brook Street?
- 6 Central Ipswich office tower could be converted into more than 100 flats
- 7 Woman accused of fraudulently giving £75k to son while bankrupt
- 8 Farmland 'years away' from development, says builder
- 9 Power cuts in Ipswich leave businesses closed
- 10 'Large stones' thrown at lorry from A14 bridge near Ipswich
For the full story, see tomorrow night's Evening Star.