Man found dead in Ipswich town centre
POLICE are investigating the sudden death of a man found in Ipswich town centre today.The 40-year-old man, who has not yet been identified, was found collapsed near to Yates Wine Lodge, in Tower Street.
POLICE are investigating the sudden death of a man found in Ipswich town centre today.
The 40-year-old man, who has not yet been identified, was found collapsed near to Yates Wine Lodge, in Tower Street.
It is not known how he died at this stage and it is not known whether his death is suspicious.
The surrounding area was closed for more than three hours by officers investigating the incident, which was reported at about 11.45am.
Parts of Northgate Street, Tower Ramparts and Old Foundry Road were all sealed off by police tape while officers combed the area. The area was expected to be reopened by about 5pm.
It is thought the incident happened in Tower Ramparts, between Yates Wine Lodge and PJ McGinty & Sons pub.
- 1 9 Ipswich restaurants we wish had never closed
- 2 Ipswich man jailed for three years for attempted robbery
- 3 Ipswich primary school closed for 'maintenance investigations'
- 4 'Quirky and memorable' name for new café and visitor centre revealed
- 5 New Ipswich council houses and microhomes win awards
- 6 Major milestone marked as Ipswich Hospital south entrance reopens
- 7 Judge reassures town centre is 'open for business' after robbery trial
- 8 Women uniting against violence in Ipswich
- 9 'Mum had the last Christmas she deserved' - Ipswich hospice helps families
- 10 Police seek driver who failed to stop at scene of crash
For the full story, see tomorrow night's Evening Star.